Thursday 18 March 2010

More Filming

On the following Saturday we returned to the Red Lion to film again. The footage we shot before was good, but because of time restraints and issues with the setup, we didn't have nearly enough. This time we were a lot more confident in what we were doing. We had our actors and our equipment, so we could get straight into it. This time, we also had a set list of shots that we needed to get so that was fairly structured too. The problem came upon arriving, we didn't stick to our list of shots enough. This was perhaps largely down to me.I took over control with a lot of the filming myself, with then others acting in a more directive role. I didn't do it on my own however, Jake did some as well, as did Jacob. Tom was very effective as a director, surpassing any of us. This is when I first noticed that we worked very well as a team and I was personally impressed.

The other thing I noticed was that we were working much more professionally. We were using much more media-specific terminology in our casual speech, and working with the set in a much more professional manner. We obviously realised that mise-en-scene was much more important than we had thought in our first shoot. Back then, we had thought nothing of random items appearing in the back of our shots, but now it caused us genuine concern.

However, as I have mentioned above, we didn't stick to our shot list or script enough, and having one person doing the majority of the filming probably wasn't the best idea. So,while we got a lot of good shots this time, we didn't get enough of what we needed, and we got a lot of unnecessary footage.We would have to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment